DUBAI, 1 September 2022: For the 11th consecutive year, Emirates returns as the Official Airline of the US Open Tennis Championships, 29 August to 11 September.
Emirates continues to use its global reach to bring tennis fans closer to the game, serving world-class tennis action at the Grand Slam tournament.
Emirates’ ongoing partnership with the United States Tennis Association (USTA) and the high-profile annual sporting event goes back to 2012. The airline’s portfolio of tennis sponsorships also includes three of the four Grand Slams in addition to 60 other tournaments throughout the year in partnership with the ATP, including the Western & Southern Open in Cincinnati, Miami Open and BNP Paribas Open in Indian Wells in the US.
“Emirates has proudly supported the US Open for over a decade, born out of our commitment to connect people around the globe through a shared passion for sports. The US Open is one of the most highly-anticipated events on the global sports calendar, and we are thrilled to be the Official Airline that brings worldwide audiences together to enjoy the game,” said Emirates’ divisional vice president, USA and Canada, Essa Sulaiman Ahmad.
“As part of our ‘Fly Better’ brand promise, we continuously strive to delight our customers with a premium experience that is second to none, both inflight and at the tournament. We look forward to being part of the excitement and reaching tennis enthusiasts in the US and worldwide,” he added.
The Emirates suite, an all-time favourite amongst celebrities and invited guests attending the event, promises to encapsulate the airline’s sought-after and premium hospitality experience. Guests can enjoy champagne and whiskey tasting while savouring a selection of delightful global dishes.
- All ticket holders can visit Emirates Sports Cafe, located on the west side of the South Plaza, and enjoy the cafe’s relaxed ambience whilst enjoying the tournament.
- Visitors can stop by the Emirates booth and experience the comfort of the Premium Economy seats on display. Guests can also enter for the chance to win an Emirates seat cushion.
- To add to the excitement, tennis spectators can look forward to the Emirates Ball Flight post-match ceremony to collect a ball signed by their favourite tennis player. Emirates cabin crew and the winning player will take to the court at the Arthur Ashe Stadium to hit three autographed tennis balls into the stands, following all matches up until the end of the quarter-finals.
- In partnership with broadcaster PIX 11 and the show “NY Living”, Emirates will be hosting a giveawaywith 60 US Open tickets up for grabs, providing lucky tennis fans with the opportunity to enjoy the courtside experience. Fans can take part in the competition from 8 to 11 September via its website or its social pages.
Experience the tennis action from home
- Emirates is pulling out all stops to ensure that fans enjoying the games from afar will experience the thrill of the tournament. Emirates will deliver the excitement directly to fans via its social media platforms.
- The Mixer, a virtual talk show organised by the USTA and broadcast live from the Emirates suite, will provide an insider’s view into the suite life, celebrities attending, dining and refreshments, and travel inspiration.
- US Open will post daily videos featuring the ‘Play of the Day’ presented by Emirates and capturing the best moments from the matches under #EmiratesFlyBetterMoments
Emirates currently offers services to 12 US gateways, including Boston Logan International Airport (BOS), New York’s John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK), Los Angeles International Airport (LAX), Houston’s George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH), Chicago’s O’Hare International Airport (ORD), Washington DC’s Dulles International Airport (IAD), Seattle Tacoma Airport (SEA), Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR), Orlando International Airport (MCO), Dallas-Fort Worth Airport (DFW), San Francisco International Airport (SFO), Miami International Airport (MIA) and Orlando International Airport (MCO).
For more information, visit www.emirates.com.
(Your Stories: Emirates)