LONDON, 30 November 2020: The World Travel & Tourism Council (WTTC), which represents the global travel and tourism private sector, will hold its second virtual event 1 December tagged ‘One Voice – To Recovery & Beyond’.
Hosted by CNN International anchor, Richard Quest, and BBC News presenter Ros Atkins, the ‘One Voice’ event will explore the challenges the sector faces on the road to recovery, and what opportunities there are for the global travel and tourism sector.
WTTC in its event blurb noted that during 2020 businesses have forced to close on a temporary basis and this is often escalating into permanent closures. At the peak of the crisis, a shocking 1 million travel and tourism jobs were lost daily, with the WTTC forecast suggesting that by the end of 2020, 197 million jobs will have been destroyed and USD5.5 trillion in travel and tourism GDP globally.
Held across three sessions, the virtual event will look at the future of travel and tourism post-Covid-19, the breakdown barriers to travel and will explore the lasting social impact of travel and Tourism. Speakers will include:
- Gloria Guevara, President & CEO, WTTC
- Christoph Wolff, Head of Mobility Industries, WEF
- Roger Dow, President & CEO, USTA
- Fang Liu, Secretary-General, ICAO
- Paul Griffiths, CEO, Dubai Airports International
- Kate Mikesell, President, Hilton Effect Foundation
- Douglas Sabo, Chief Sustainability Officer, Visa
- and many other specially invited guest speakers
To register for this event, being held at 1300-1600 GMT on 1 December, please register here.