PARIS, 19 January 2022: Many of the world’s most popular destinations – such as London, Doha, and Moscow – will welcome multiple new Accor hotels this year as the group adds more than 300 hotels to its portfolio this year.
In the lifestyle segments of the global hospitality industry, Accor will continue to expand. Standout openings across this category include the first Mondrian in China, Hong Kong Kowloon, a 324-room property overlooking the harbour; the inaugural Maison Delano Paris in the ultra-chic 8th Arrondissement just steps away from the fabled Rue du Faubourg Saint Honoré; TRIBE Phnom Penh Post Office Square which will bring a bold design to Cambodia’s hotel scene, and Mama Shelter Dubai a larger-than-life Mama that embodies the idea of a resort in the heart of the city with apartments, pools and an outdoor cinema.
One of the most anticipated openings of the year is Raffles London at The OWO. This architectural masterpiece, located at the historic Old War Office in Whitehall. The property will have 120 rooms and suites, 85 branded residences and 11 destination restaurants and bars.
The strength of Accor’s network across Europe continues to be bolstered with recent and upcoming openings, such as Sofitel Barcelona Skipper, Mercure Amsterdam North, ibis Styles St. Margrethen Switzerland, Mercure Hotel President in Lecce, Italy and MGallery Cagliari Palazzo Tirso, Italy. In 2022, Accor will welcome new additions in its home base, Paris, including MGallery Issy-les-Moulineaux Domaine de la Reine Margot and Paris Vincennes.
In North America, the continent’s first Raffles later this year. Raffles Boston Back Bay Hotel & Residences, located in the city’s prestigious Back Bay neighbourhood, is a 35-story building featuring 146 residences, 147 guestrooms, and six food and beverage venues, including a sky bar and speakeasy. The striking three-story sky lobby is set to be the first of its kind in Boston.
The Middle East is another stronghold for Accor, particularly with the 2022 World Cup in Qatar. Accor has been selected as the official provider of accommodation for visitors of the event, providing team members to manage and operate more than 60,000 rooms in apartments and villas across the Gulf Arab state.
The group will also broaden its Rixos portfolio in Qatar and in the region overall with the upcoming Rixos Doha Qetaifan, Rixos Obhur Jeddah in Saudi Arabia and Rixos Jewel of the Creek in Dubai, UAE. Accor will also introduce many stunning new properties throughout the region, including the new Raffles Doha and sister hotel Fairmont Doha, Banyan Tree AlUla in the Asher Valley of Saudi Arabia, and Fairmont La Marina Rabat-Salé.
Another important market for Accor in 2022 is Russia. Domestic tourism continues to grow, particularly among Russian travellers who are accustomed to international services and high standards of vacation experiences. Accor is adding to its portfolio across the country with a diverse range of destinations, including Novotel Moscow ComCity, ibis Styles Kogalym Russia and Mövenpick Resort and Spa Anapa Miracleon.
Southeast Asia additions
• The Admiral Hotel Manila – MGallery (mid-2022); the first MGallery in the Philippines.
• Orchard Hills Residences – MGallery (mid-2022) Singapore’s first MGallery address in the world-renowned Orchard Road shopping district. 168 rooms.
• Naru Hotel Seoul – MGallery (mid-2022) Located in the Mapo District,
Seoul, South Korea, overlooks the Han River with views of Yeouido island. 196-rooms.
• Pullman Singapore Orchard (mid-2022) Following a refurbishment, the hotel is in a mixed-use development in the Orchard Road shopping district.
• Pullman Lombok Mandalika Beach Resort (early 2022) on
the secluded beach of Kuta Mandalika. 257 rooms.
• Mövenpick Phan Thiet (late-2022)
• Grand Mercure Bali Legian Resort (mid-2022) The first Grand Mercure resort in Bali, Indonesia, on the white sands of Legian Beach. 269 rooms.
• Novotel Phnom Penh Beung Keng Kong (mid-2022) In the city centre of Phnom Penh, capital of Cambodia. 253 rooms.
• Mercure Pangkalan Bun (mid-2022) A four-star hotel with a connecting eight-story office building. 150 rooms. I
• Mercure Miri City Centre (mid-2022) In the stunning coastal city of Miri, on the island of Borneo. 160 rooms.
• Mercure Living Putrajaya (mid-2022).
• Mercure Rayong Lomtalay (early 2022) At the spectacular Cape Laem Mae Phim, Rayong, Thailand.
• Mercure Da Lat Resort, Vietnam (mid-2022) in the highlands of Vietnam’s central region.
• ibis Styles Bangkok Silom, Thailand (mid-2022).