DOHA, Qatar, 10 November 2020: Qatar Airways will add more flights to the US ahead of the festive holiday season.
The additions include resuming services to Miami (MIA) with two weekly flights from 14 November and increasing weekly frequencies to both Chicago (ORD) and New York (JFK).
The airline maintained operations to take more than 220,000 passengers home to the US since the onset of the Covid-19 pandemic and is now reinstating flights throughout the pandemic and adding new destinations. Most recently it started a service to San Francisco (SFO) the only nonstop service this winter between San Francisco and the Middle East and due to launch 15 December 2020.
The two weekly Miami flights, as well as the additional Chicago frequencies, will be flown on Qatar Airway’s Boeing 777-300ER featuring 42 seats in the Qsuite Business Class cabin and 312 seats in economy class. Additional New York frequencies will be operated by the airline’s Airbus A350-900 featuring 36 Qsuites and 247 seats in economy.
US holiday flight additions:
- Miami (MIA) to Doha (DOH): QR 778 departs at 1835 every Wednesday and Saturday and arrives at 1625+1.
- Chicago (ORD) to Doha (DOH): QR 724 departs at 0130 every Saturday and Monday and arrives at 2335.
- Above holiday service accompanies QR 726 – departing daily at 1910 and arriving at 1715+1.
- New York (JFK) to Doha (DOH): QR 704 departs at 0100 every Saturday and Tuesday and arrives at 2115.
- Above holiday service accompanies QR 702 – departing daily at 2100 and arriving at 1715+1 along with the current 5x weekly QR 704 services.
The launch of Miami’s holiday flights in November will increase Qatar Airways’ US network to 61 weekly flights to 10 destinations in the US.