SINGAPORE, 27 February 2019: TripAdvisor announced Tuesday the winners of its Travellers’ Choice awards for Beaches, with India’s Radhanagar clinching the top spot in Asia this year.
Indonesia’s Kelingking Beach and Nai Harn Beach in Thailand came in second and third.
India had three beaches in the top 10, the other two made it to fourth and seventh place.
Thailand also had three beaches in the top 10 Asian beaches this year (3rd, 7th and 8th) while the 10th slot went to Ngapali Beach, Rakhine State, Myanmar.
In the worldwide ranking, Baia do Sancho in Brazil was named the number one beach in the world.
Award winners were determined based on the quantity and quality of traveller reviews and bubble ratings for beaches on TripAdvisor, gathered over a 12-month period.
Asia’s top beaches
1. Radhanagar Beach – Havelock Island, Andaman and Nicobar, India
2. Kelingking Beach – Nusa Penida, Bali, Indonesia
3. Nai Harn Beach – Rawai, Phuket, Thailand
4. Agonda Beach – Agonda, Goa, India
5. Bentota Beach – Bentota, Sri Lanka
6. Phra Nang Cave Beach – Ao Nang, Krabi Province, Thailand
7. Varca Beach – Varca, Goa, India
8. Karon Beach – Karon, Phuket, Thailand
9. White Beach – Boracay, Visayas, Philippines
10.Ngapali Beach – Ngapali, Rakhine State, Myanmar
Top beaches in the world:
1. Baia do Sancho – Fernando de Noronha, Brazil
2. Varadero Beach – Varadero, Cuba
3. Eagle Beach – Palm – Eagle Beach, Aruba
4. La Concha Beach – San Sebastian – Donostia, Spain
5. Grace Bay Beach – Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
6. Clearwater Beach – Clearwater, Florida
7. Spiaggia dei Conigli – Sicily, Italy
8. Seven Mile Beach – Seven Mile Beach, Cayman Islands
9. Playa Norte – Isla Mujeres, Mexico
10. Seven Mile Beach – Negril, Jamaica