Aviareps Malaysia and GATS merge

May 31, 2016 by  
Filed under Malaysia, News, Trade Talk

KUALA LUMPUR, 31 May 2016: Aviareps has strengthened its aviation general sales agent (GSA) capability in Malaysia with the merger of Aviareps Malaysia and prominent Malaysian GSA company Global Alliance Travel Services, (GATS).

The merger was signed by Aviareps chairman and chief executive officer, Michael Gaebler, and Global Alliance Travel Services managing director, Wilson Tay and company director, Lum Khee Fah.

It creates a new entity;  Aviareps Global Alliance Travel, which is responsible for all its aviation GSA client activities in Malaysia.

inside no 8The new entity will have a 60% equity ownership by Aviareps Malaysia, with the remaining 40% belonging to shareholders of Global Alliance Travel Services.

The new entity will conduct its marketing and activities under the ‘Aviareps Malaysia’ brand.

Wilson Tay will become executive director and Kelvin Ong general manager of the newly formed aviation arm of Aviareps Malaysia.

“Our decision to invest in GATS and expand our presence in the Malaysian market was made easy by the company’s solid reputation in the market, like-minded acumen, values, and commitment to clients,” said Gaebler.

“Aviareps is on the lookout for quality partners that can provide additional value and expertise for our international clientele.”

Aviareps Malaysia represents Air Arabia, Air Astana, Austrian Airlines, Bangkok Airways and Ukraine International Airlines.

Worldwide, it has a portfolio of more than 100 airlines and 250 travel and tourism clients worldwide.

Comments are closed.